Monday, September 2, 2013

A special gift..

 My girls and I visited my family this week in PEI, to celebrate the last long weekend of summer, and also to help my Mom quilt a gift for her grandson,(my nephew) Ryan.  We chose the fabrics together over the winter, and she made the top.  I went home to help baste, quilt, and sew on the binding.  I'm really happy with the colors-he's 15 and so more of a masculine quilt than a  boyish one.  I spoke with Mom today and she has the entire binding slipstitched already! 
Pin ItWe took the girls to the Exhibition as well in Abrams Village- I thought this flower arrangement was so beautiful and colorful that I wanted to share it with you!  Hope everyone enjoyed their last long weekend of summer.
Sharing on Quiltstory today!

Pin It

4 comments:

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Great quilt for a teen boy! Fab colours!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

A wonderful quilt for your nephew. I love the colours you've used :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other commenters; great choice of fabrics!

Karen said...

Perfect quilt for a 15 year old. Great colours.