Tuesday, January 15, 2013

For the kitchen table

Pin It

I have been in a bit of a sewing funk recently.  I think I did so much before Christmas that I just needed a break!  Anyhow, it's been on my mind for a little while that I would like to make some napkins, placemats and table runners so I made these this morning.  I want the design to look clean, and not too busy, so I thought just a square of designer fabric along with a natural linen would be nice.  The finished size is around 16x12 so plently of room for your plate and cutlery!

On another note, I asked a friend of mine in PEI if she could use her graphic design skills to come up with a logo for me.  Take a look at my blog header-she came up with the script herself and I love it!  I'm having it made into a rubber stamp, and business cards.  I'm planning on buying some paper bags, and stamping my logo onto each one.  I'm very happy with it, and can't wait to see it on a stamp as well.  That's it for now-hope you're having a good day.

Pin It

7 comments:

Michele T said...

I love the simplicity of your placemats!! Great idea! Also love your header... cool!

Kate said...

I like your placemats - the simplicity speaks for itself. I hope you're less sloppy than we are. :D
I like your new logo.

Sandy D said...

Your friend did a great job in coming up with your blog header.

Linda said...

Love your placemats and your new logo is just perfect. Very nice!

Unknown said...

Love the placemats! New favorite! :)

Toni said...

Love the new logo! I really wish I had handwriting that looked that good. And your placemats are wonderful! I have been wanting to make some new placemats and napkins since we've moved to this house. Maybe you'll inspire me to actually get to it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.