Friday, September 28, 2012

Hit or Miss??

So yesterday I broke into my Salt Air charm pack and made this little chevron quilt.  The problem is that I pictured it differently in my head, and now I'm not sure if I want this to be a quilt top or a quilt back!  I was planning on quilting in blue thread an echo pattern of the chevron onto the kona solid, so I'm thinking that would help add texture to the solid blue color.  I'm wondering if I would love this more had a stuck with a white solid, but I really wanted to use a different color for a change!!  I need some suggestions-what would you do with this quilt besides fold it up and lay it on the "I'll deal with it later" shelf???

I'm linking this up to Felicity Friday and Lee at Freshly Pieced  in hopes that all you wonderful quilters out there can help solve my problem!!

Pin It

13 comments:

Susan J Barker said...

that is a beautiful blue! perhaps a contrast of organic lines of appliqued floral?

felicity said...

Total Hit. TOTAL HIT. I would echo quilt those gorgeous chevrons in the negative space of the solid. I love it! Thanks for linking up!

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

I love it! Quilt top for sure and the quilting idea is a good one.
Carol

Tsoniki Crazy Bull said...

I really do like the blue. I think it's a quilt top for sure!

Holly said...

I love the zig zag and the blue is a great complement to it! You're fast if you whipped this up in a day!

Waverlee said...

No way to the white solid idea! Love the blue! I'm digging navy at the moment so to me, this is perfect.

LC said...

I love the blue! Plus, I love anything with Salt Air in it. I think echo quilting would be lovely.

Melanie said...

Once you get some free motion quilting- or even echo quilting- on there, it's going to be a knock-out. Add a striking binding, and you have got yourself a great modern quilt ;)

Debbie said...

oh don't put it on a pile! It is totally lovely just the way it is! The quilting will bring it to life, so just keep moving on it! Thanks for linking up to wip Wednesday this week where I've enjoyed guest-hosting!

Cindy said...

I love it too! If you're worried it's too plain, you could put like a piano key border of the patterned fabric on it, but I think the quilting alone will do it. Don't put it away, push on!

Texas JennyWren said...

This quilt is awesome. Perhaps a very fine border of something around the edge and then quilt like you said. It is understated elegance for sure!! Great Top.

Valerie said...

Love it! Love the blue! It's a quilt top for sure!

Kirsten said...

The zig zags are lovely - and I like the idea of doing the echo quilting.