Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I have started another quilt, even though I have 2 tops waiting to be finished (since last summer!). Anyhow, I really wanted to make something bright and fun with the Kona Ash color as the background, so I'm using a tutorial from Fresh Lemon Quilts for the blocks. I'll likely make it small though, baby/crib size.

Yesterday, I picked up a box full of vintage quilts from Rusty Hinges in the Hydrostone market, and after a lot of cutting, today I'll be sewing them into heart shapes for window display decorations for the store. I think they are going to be cute, I'll have to get a few pics when it's all done and they are hanging up.


So, I haven't finished a lot, but there is some fun stuff in progress....

I'm linking up to WIP at Freshly Pieced (click on the button in the sidebar if you want to visit too).



Pin It

3 comments:

Mary said...

Love your quilt! It is bright and cheery! I'm interested in the window display...sounds intriguing!!

Ruth said...

That quilt is fabulous already! I love the kona ash with the brights. Perfect combo!

Marg said...

Your new quilt looks lovely, really nice with the Kona ash.