Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Log Cabin quilt top





Last week, I started these log cabin blocks and this week I`ve gotten the top completed. So the next step will be basting then quilting which is my least favorite part of the process! I`m happy with the way this turned out though, was a little worried that the colors were a bit wild, but the white helps to tame it down.


This post will be linked over to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday. And if you scroll down a little further, you`ll see my tree block is finally finished into a pillow!!!



Pin It

7 comments:

Letterpress said...

These colors are fabulous and the quilt is oh, so lovely! I have to admit that one of my favorite quilts in the whole wide quilting world is the log cabin. It's a perfect choice, I think, for fabrics that are a "bit wild" because the orderliness of the block controls and tames them, and provides a place where they be crazy but still contained. Such a lovely, lovely quilt!

Elizabeth E.
http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

Lynette said...

Wow - What a gorgeous log cabin! The colors are fun and alive, but contained as Elizabeth just talked about, so it's just perfect.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I think the colors are amazing! And the white sashing really sets it of perfectly.Great job!

Melinda said...

What a lovely quilt! The colors are so crisp and lively!

Kathy said...

Perfect colors, and I love those little owls! Great job!

Happy Turtle said...

The colors look quite nice with the white.
Carol

Katie B said...

Such a sweet quilt!